Friday, June 17, 2011

Pirates and Princesses-Part 4

Some days there don't seem to be enough hours, other days the hours seem to go by so slowly it's almost painful to watch the clock tick.  Today was one of those days that the hours went by too quickly.  We are preparing to go on vacation among other things.  Tomorrow we will finish our princess activities that we were not able to complete today.
To kick start our day I told my little princesses that we were not going to watch any TV.  These 2 princesses have been having territorial disputes, and me, the Queen, has had enough.  I put on a Princess Cd, let the music fill our home and it was amazing how it seemed to resolve our issues.  They dressed up as princesses and danced to their hearts content.  I was able to get most of the things done on my to do list today (besides finish this post).  Sometimes, when your kids are playing so well together you don't want to ruin it.  For me, today was one of those days.  Both my girls are so demanding of my attention, it was nice for them to entertain each other for a change.  I'm beginning to like this no TV rule.
Today, I went through the girls toys and tomorrow, they will be helping me donate them to children who need them (a princesses duty).  We also made dinner for a friend that had surgery and brought it to her house.  I told the girls these are some of the things princesses do.  When we went to drop off the dinner, my 3 year old wanted to dress up pretty like a princess (but not in a costume she told me, costume's are for trick or treating).
Tomorrow we will be discussing manners, we'll have a tea party, and we will donate some of their toys.  I'm not kidding when I say this, but this princess talk with my girls has truly helped their attitudes.  They have been saying please and thank you without reminders.  They are doing their best to show respect.  It's been wonderful.
And I can't finish without sharing one of our favorite princess books.  My girls love this book!  It's an alphabet book that has a princess for every letter.  The letter N princess is their favorite.  She cracks them up every time.  I'll give you a hint.  Her name is princess Nell (it's a rhyming book).

No comments: