Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome!

Hi!  We are Monica and Lindsey, sisters and best friends.  Welcome to our book blog for all things kids.  We love to read and love to share that with our kids.  We thought it would be fun to put together a blog that combined our kids, reading, crafts, activities, and a whole lot of fun.  Join us for some of the best times you will have with your little ones.  Literally.

Let us introduce ourselves!

I'm Monica.  I am never good at these intro things.  I can't figure out what anyone would ever want to know about me.  So bear with me...  I have been married for 8 years to a great, fun-loving guy.  We have three of the handsomest boys around.  I'm lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom.

One of my favorite things is reading.  I have to read at least once a day or I feel like something's missing.  This love has trickled down to my sons.  My oldest (6) will lay in bed for hours after lights out with a trusty flashlight and a good book in hand.  My middle son (4) enjoys perusing every picture book in the house and can't go to sleep without a story.  The baby (21 mos) has a few favorites and brings them to me throughout the day, wanting a snuggle and a story.  Reading opens up a whole new world and we love the adventures that pour out!



I'm Lindsey.  While Monica says she's not good at these intro things you'll soon learn that I am awful when it comes to closing things.  I never know how to end a thought or make a smooth transition into the next thought.  When I was a little girl I wrote a letter to Santa.  It was a typical letter but then, towards the end, it said "and now for the candy canes."  I can't tell you how many times in my life I have "and now for the candy cane" moments.  You are sure to see them on this blog or our other blog.  So, if ever you are reading and you hear me refer to candy canes, it just means I had no idea how to finish my thought.  I think we all have these moments at some point in our lives (I just have them a little more often).

I am a mother of two daughters ages 3 (almost 4) and 2.5.  They are 18 months apart (just like me and my sister).  I love to watch them grow and play together like we did when we were little.  My husband is a middle school teacher and is just about to finish his first year of teaching.  We have been married for 5 years.  My whole family loves to read.  I'm so glad that my girls love many of my favorite childhood stories.  We love to go to the library or Barnes and Noble and just look and look at books.  Every night, my 3 year old picks a different book to go to sleep with.  She'll just look at the pictures and retell the story to herself.  Her favorite right now is The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales.  My 2 year old loves anything princess, especially Cinderella.  We have a set of small cardboard princess books.  I don't know if she enjoys reading or eating them more.  There's something about cardboard that she can't resist.  It seriously looks like we have a dog or a rat.  I love my small family and our little quirks.  Reading just adds to our adventure.

No comments: